Wellness for Workplace Stress
- 22 November 2021
Corporate workplaces are crumbling with workers feeling exhausted, and stressed – mentally, emotionally and physically, and un-happy with the ever-increasing workload, economic insecurity, and consequent sleep deprivation and physical inactivity. COVID-19 has further demonstrated the need for not only robust healthcare systems, but also healthy individuals wherein individuals with chronic health conditions (such as diabetes, heart disease, and compromised immune systems) have shown to be at high risk for severe illness and death. The unprecedented crisis has further emphasized on the need for healthy minds in healthy bodies, healthy habits, strong families, caring friends and colleagues, and supportive communities including workplaces.
With direct impact on employee engagement, productivity, and motivation, besides lowered healthcare costs and employee absenteeism, and in consideration of the tremendous time spent on work (at home or workplaces), the need for a holistic Corporate Health and Wellness program cannot be overemphasized.
Some of the initiatives that may be considered include:
- Wellness Sessions and Expert Consultations- One on one (Life coach), Group (YOGA) – (Click here for a list of Certified Yoga and other wellness Practitioners at UrbanMuni)
- Gifts and Goodies- wearable devices, healthy hampers (seeds, green tea bags, organic capsules, dry fruits)- (Search and Order Products Now at UrbanMuni!)
- Rejuvenation and Getaways- Coupons for free massages and detox sessions/ get-away, subsidized GYM and fitness studio memberships – (Click here for amazing offers with our trusted, partner institutions at UrbanMuni)
- Campaigns- Such as Meditation Mondays; Theme driven team potlucks (Multi-grains Monday, Veggies Wednesdays, Fruity Friday); Awareness and wellness drives (smoking cessation, “fat to fit” drive, “Walk and Talk”); Team Fitness Initiatives
- Wellness enhancing features in buildings- Walking tracks for post meal walks, standing desks, better indoor air quality, accessible stairs, greenery and plantations
Dedicated focus on physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing by millennials and Gen Zs had reinforced the need for organizations to adopt and integrate a culture of wellness by default in operations. Every organization, big or small, should carefully select the right mix of wellness initiatives for their employees as per the personal wellness interests and needs of the employees, time and resources and the overall business priorities to provide a supportive and health-promoting work environment.
(Disclaimer: The views are generic and should not be construed as professional advice. Do seek expert and/or medical advice before planning any lifestyle modifications including for diet and workouts).
Interested in developing and implementing a holistic wellness program for your team? Get in touch with us – call +91 +91 9311 741 202 or write to us at [email protected]. For further information, please visit our page: https://urbanmuni.com/corporate-wellness